2016 Dodge Durango: Technology Updates
The New 2016 Dodge Durango: Appearance & Technology Updates
The 2016 Dodge Durango has new appearance and technology updates to improve the driving experience.
• Engine stop-start technology will be made a new standard on all Dodge Durango models and will be powered by 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 for improved fuel efficiency.
• Uconnect access is available and a new Uconnect 8.4-inch touchscreen with new enhancements for 2016.
• Available Brass Monkey Appearance Package and an enhanced Premium Group package.
• Monochromatic exterior makes the Citadel, also available with the new Platinum Appearance Package.
• 2016 Durango models will feature an appearance update with standard wheel or wheel finish.
• 295 horsepower is all yours with the exclusive 3.6-liter Pentastar V-6 engine that has best-in-class 6,200 pounds towing.
• The Durango V-8 engine models have best-in-class 7,400 pounds towing.
• Best-in-class driving range that provides up to 600 miles with one full tank of fuel.
• Available all-wheel drive on all Durango models for improved utility.
• Four brand new paint color options for the exterior. Red Pearl, Luxury Brown, Ivory Pearl Tri-Coat and Light Brownstone.
• 50 different seating configurations provide many layout options. The Durango has the ability to carry seven passengers.
• A dual screen Blu-ray DVD player makes this the perfect family vehicle.
• Sport mode capability is new for the 2016 Dodge Durango models and delivers a driver experience with better response.
With class-leading towing and driving range, advanced technology improvements, impeccable styling, and uncompromised utility, the 2016 Dodge Durango is considered the Charger of the SUV segment. In the 2016 model year, the Durango will feature appearance packages, a new standard wheel or finish, Uconnect system enhancements and upgrades and four all-new exterior paint colors previously mentioned.
60 updated safety and security features are present on the 2016 Dodge Durango. Safety and security features include but are not limited to, standard all-speed traction control, forward collision warning, trailer-sway control, electronic stability control, Blind-Spot monitoring with rear Cross-Path detection and roadside assistance.
Sport Utility Mode
2016 models will have a Sport utility mode. This mode may be turned on or off. If turned on, the Sport mode capability will change shift pattern, steering calibration and pedal calibration to improve the on-road driving experience in the Durango.
The 2016 Durango models are outstandingly more fuel efficient with the new engine stop-start technology. The engine will shut off whenever the vehicle comes to a complete stop, but amenities will continue to operate as normal. The engine will automatically restart when the driver releases the brake. Stop-start may be turned off on the dashboard if the driver prefers to not have the engine turn off automatically.
The Brass Monkey Appearance package will provide you with 20-inch Brass Monkey (burnished bronze colored) wheels, as well as body-colored door handles, gloss black colored grille, an exterior badge, wheel flares, sill flares and front fascia and rear fascia. The Premium Group will include 20-inch polished aluminum wheels, wheel flares and sill flares, as well as body-colored lower front and rear fascia.
2016 Dodge Durango models that are equipped with the 8.4-inch touchscreen will have new options including Do Not Disturb which allows for immediate responses when unable to answer mobile calls, there will also be a Drag and Drop menu bar, Siri Eyes Free which lets the driver use voice commands to complete commands such as turning on music, setting reminders and placing phone calls. Sirius XM Tune Start lets users hear all of the songs they want from the beginning of the playlist when switching between stations.
0 comment(s) so far on 2016 Dodge Durango: Technology Updates